Stanislaus County Fair takes home SFA Awards | Community
The Stanislaus County Fair was awarded six first place honors at the Western Fairs Association Convention.
Western Fairs Association (WFA), a non-profit trade association serving the fair industry throughout 14 Western United States and Canada, recognized the Stanislaus County Fair with 11 awards overall. The 2013 convention was held in Reno, NV this week.
“The Stanislaus County Fair proves year after year that our dedicated board members, staff, sponsors, and volunteers strive for excellence,” said Adrenna Alkhas, spokesperson for the Fair. “Our Fair stands out as one the best in the United States and Canada and we take great pride in having a Fair like this in our own backyard.”
The Fair picked up six first place awards, which included:
- Best Website that coordinated with the Fair’s new brand, including an interactive Ferris Wheel.
- Magazine Advertisement in the Turlock, Modesto, and Oakdale Living Magazine.
- Any Other Advertising Piece, for the Coupon Books distributed at FoodMaxx Stores two weeks prior to the Fair.
- The “Everybody Walk” campaign with Kaiser Permanente, received a first place award for New Featured Event/ Exhibit or Program that featured the best “Dance Walk” video to win an iPad.
- New Children’s Program, which featured a “passport book” Kids Club members used to answer educational questions about math, science, technology, animals, and Horticulture.
- New Community Outreach Program, “Christmas in July” with The Salvation Army. Guests were asked to donate two or more toys during the Fair.
Second place awards received by the Stanislaus County Fair included: Viral or Video Documentation highlighting the Flash Mob Marriage Proposal, E-blasts with our “Today at the Fair,” Fairtime Innovative Marketing Strategy/Concept for the new brand of the Fair, and Sponsorship award for partnering with Yonan’s Jewelers and Yonan’s Floral to provide a diamond ring and flowers to the winning couple for the Flash Mob marriage proposal. A third place award was given to the Fair for its 10-Day schedule.
The 2013 Stanislaus County Fair opens Friday, July 12th for a 10-day run. Fair guests can count on an award-winning experience that has been over 100 years in the making. Discounted Fair admission tickets, unlimited ride wristbands, and the Fair season pass will be on sale beginning Saturday, May 4, 2013. Corporate ticket sales are also available to purchase at a highly discounted rate. Visit the Fair’s website for upcoming ticket sale information at www.stancofair.com.
The 2013 Fair will feature a spectacular children’s area, which will include the highly-popular Rainforest Adventure, sponsored by Sky Trek Aviation. Also planned for 2013 are 10-nights of free celebrity concerts included with Fair admission, a total of four stages of live entertainment, upwards of 30,000 local exhibits and over 1,750 animals. Metal-mashing motorsports and a rodeo in the FoodMaxx Arena will also be featured.
To receive future Fair announcements by text message, text the word “FAIR” to 75309. Fair enthusiasts can also follow how the 2013 Fair is developing at twitter.com/stancofair. In addition, become a fan of the Fair at facebook.com/stancofair.
The mission of the Stanislaus County Fair is to provide a family and community oriented experience promoting agriculture, entertainment and technology. For more information about the award-winning Stanislaus County Fair, visit www.stancofair.com.
Source: Stanislaus County Fair