Dead body found in car on Modesto street | Crime
MODESTO, CA - Stanislaus County sheriff's deputies, responding to a call of a shooting on the 700 block of Anthony Ave., made a grisly discovery around 11 p.m. on Sunday.
According to Stanislaus County sheriff's spokesman Raj Singh, deputies arrived at the scene and found the body of a person inside a parked car. The individual had sustained multiple gunshot wounds, and was pronounced dead at the scene, said Singh.
According to Singh, sheriff's detectives were called to the scene and identified 32-year-old Louis Alexander Amaya as a person of interest following an initial investigation.
Amaya was described as an Hispanic man, 5'9" tall, weighing 220 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information about this case was urged to call the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department at 209-522-2468. Callers can also leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-INFO (4636). Tipsters can also e-mail tips at http://www.modestopolice.com/CrimeStoppers, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing "Tip704" plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward
Top Modesto Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Delta College Trustee Janet Rivera & Bipartisan Latino Policymakers Address Needs of Latino Students
- Jobs and More at Stockton’s HIREvent!
- Delta College Citizens’ Oversight Committee Releases 2011/12 Annual Report
- Police release photos of man wanted in Stockton armed bank robbery
- CHP: Arrest made in Stockton drive-by shooting