High wind warning issued in San Joaquin County | Weather
SAN JOAQUIN COUNTY - The National Weather Service has issued a high wind warning for northern San Joaquin County Wednesday. The warning was expected to remain in affect through 5 p.m. Thursday.
A stronger weather system will bring strong and gusty winds Wednesday night into Thursday. The winds are expected to be similar to the strong winds the area experienced last Saturday and Sunday morning. These conditions will result in difficult driving conditions and could possibly lead to numerous downed trees and power outages.
Southeast to south winds were expected to reach 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 70 mph specifically in the Stockton and Modesto areas.
Loose objects outdoors should be tied down or brought inside and small animals should not be left outside.
Upcoming Events near Modesto
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Denham to Host United States Military Academy Information Night in Modesto
- Valley chicken farm operators banned from working with animals
- Modesto Irrigation District identifies alleged water thieves
- Reader Showcase // Our Crate & Barrel Outdoor Furniture
- A man was killed when he failed to yield to an oncoming train in Turlock Saturday night.